Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What's on My Monitor



The IT Crowd

Thanks to Ed, the host of my podcast, Plan Nine from Cyberspace, I am now fully addicted to a little show from the UK called The IT Crowd.

It's the story of three misfit nerds...well, two misfit nerds, Roy and Moss and their semi-misfit non-nerd boss Jenn who work in the IT department of a massive corporation. Most problems upstairs are solved by the questions, "Have you tried turning it off and on again?" or "Are you sure it's plugged in?" so the rest of their day is spent having hilarious adventures in and out of the office. Add Noel Fielding (from my beloved Mighty Boosh) as a goth businessman, and you have comedy gold.

I'm quickly working my way through the seasons. I finished S1 and am halfway through S2, which is even better! Here are a few of my favorite clips to get you started.



Since I sadly can't embed them all (damn you, disabled youtube embedding!), here are some direct links:

Roy takes his time in IT

Don't open the red door!

Hilarious anti-piracy ad

And some Richmond (Noel Fielding) to end:






All three seasons are at Netflix InstantWatch, so you have no excuses...unless you live outside of the U.S. or don't have Netflix. Then you can watch a bunch of clips here at their youtube channel. Season 2 is my favorite season so far, especially the first two eps. Hilarious!

myspace counter

No comments:

Post a Comment